Holy Saroop of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji burnt in Ajnala

CHANDIGARH, Punjab—In another unfortunate incident, a holy saroop of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji got burnt in a fire originated due to the burning of a plastic fan. This incident occurred in Gurdwara Sahib village Jassar which falls in Tehsil Ajnala of Amritsar.

Pained over the incident, SGPC president Gobind Singh Longowal has said that such incidents occur due to negligence of Gurdwara management committees. He has said that it was not necessary to keep electrical appliances running during the night.

“It is very disappointing that such incidents are occurring repeatedly despite numerous appeals to keep electrical appliances off,” he said while adding that the Gurdwara Management Committees should play their roles actively.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here