1. Farmer Gurjant Singh (63) of village Bhorey, Nabha passed away due to heart attack. Singh had spent 31 days at Singhu & had gone back to his village. Sarpanch Harjinder singh confirmed that farmer was hospitalised earlier this morning & passed away at 8pm.
2. MP farmer died on Delhi-Agra Highway. Surinder Singh Sidhu died due to pneumonia. He was participating in protest.
3. Pellets were shot at farmers Sabi flyover on the Delhi Jaipur road. Yesterday many saw the videos of 110 tear gas canisters fired by police. Today doctors confirmed 100 plus farmers were injured by pellets fired at them by guns. Injured includes bibian.
4. Police fired stun generades not just tear gas cannisters.
5. Video has surfaced in which allegation that Modi has guaranteed payment for Adani Agriculture storage business for next 30 years with inflationary increases for payments. However Modi cannot guarantee MSP for farmers.
6. Shree Brar who penned & sung Kisaan Anthem- a song in support of our farmers, has been arrested by Patiala police. This is a pure vendetta, a gross attempt to dislodge & derail Farmers Protest said Manjinder Singh Sirsa.
7. The Income Tax (I-T) Department is conducting a search at 15 locations of Zee Entertainment. The searches are based on alleged tax evasion data submitted by the Directorate General of GST Intelligence to the Income Tax department.
8. More companies join the Stop the Hate campaign against Godhi media Zee Network. Today Telus confirmed it will stop running adverts on Zee network.
9. Shri Mahinder Kaur Ji Of Bathinda (who was the face of protests) has filed a defamation case against a part time Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut in Bathinda Court. The court will hear the case on 11 Jan.
10. Cash-rich Punjabis and NRIs of Majha have propped up a Gurdaspur based ex-Army man Goldy Manepuria, as their frontman to anonymously pump in massive doses of funds to sustain the farmers’ agitation. He has agreed deals with petrol stations for paying for fuel for any farmers going to morcha.
11. Goldy Manepuria said he was livid when the Godhi media TV anchor said he was not ex-army. “I uploaded a video informing him that I have served at the China border in freezing cold. I also invited him to leave the comfort of his TV studio and brave it out with my brothers in Delhi,” he added.
12. The Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) is imparting driving training to 500 women hailing from villages, who will then lead the procession of tractor-trolleys carrying farmers to participate in the ‘tractor parade’ in Delhi on the Republic D
13. More concerns about Manjit Rai, the controversial communist and Sukhbir Badal supporter at the morcha. He is speaking against Navjot Sidhu about Siri Kartarpur Sahib project, then Lakha Sidhana, Dr Sukhpreet Singh Udoke and Deep Sidhu. He seems a very unsavoury character and farmers need to be aware.
14. Students of Punjab university, Chandigarh wrote an open letter to Supreme Court to consider and reckon the protesting farmers plight. Supreme Court agreed to hear the plea of Students.
15. Modi spoke to cricketer Ganguly this morning. But not a single word for 60 farmers passing away.
16. DSGPC has converted its buses into shelter for farmers in the rain. Farmers can sleep in them.
17. Diljit Dosanjh hits back at more Kangana Ranaut tweets, offers her job as his PR person, says ‘don’t think Punjabis will forget what you’ve done’.
18. Fake elements have been induced to defame farmers Movement. Such incidents went unnoticed earlier at Tikri Border, but after farmers got to know it, they kept a watch and caught a gang that came with alcohol bottles, empty bottles & old currency notes
19. Another video making rounds about denying langar to an old man is from Burari grounds. The video is poor attempt by SAD (Mann) to sabotage the movement. The man seeks attention and has been doing things to harm Morcha including initial sloganeering at start of Morcha.
20. There has been alot of Rainfall at each border site. It stopped people from sending supplies to protestors especially firewood which is important in winter.
21. Haryanvi farmers too held separate meeting. They agreed at least 10 tractors from each village will come to participate in Delhi march on 26th of January.
22. Haryanvis have been bringing in milk in tonnes of litres here at Nayagaon since 27Nov 2020. By any rough estimate, a daily 2000 litres of milk is donated as sewa by Haryanvis to the protesting farmers.
23. UK Prime Minister Johnson will not go to India due to UK covid crisis.
24. Acting on a civil suit moved by Adani Agri Logistics (Panipat) Private Limited (AALL) against Mumbai resident Vinay Dubey, seeking damages to the tune of Rs 5 crore for allegedly circulating a defamatory video against the company, an Ahmedabad city civil court has restrained Dubey and the YouTube channel concerned from reporting and circulating “any defamatory story, article, video and tweets” concerning AALL-Panipat and Adani Group. Dubey’s video was run on a YouTube channel named Loktantra TV.
25. Former chief economist to world bank, Kausik Basu tweeted today, “If we are interested in farmer welfare in India, the correct action is to repeal the 3 new farm laws, return to the drafting board, invite farmers, have open (not secret) debate & then design laws. Nirvikar Singh & I spelt out why the current laws hurt farmers, in Times of India.”
26. YouTuber Noor Chahal shares his experience with the BBC about his moments on the Delhi border during the Kisan Sangharsh.