1) Narendra Modi is for cronyism and is a “business first” politician. He supports businesses by giving them subsidies and the country’s resources at extremely low prices. Hitler provided German companies with slaves and other financial support in order to seek their support. This is perhaps the greatest similarity between Narendra Modi and Hitler. Modi’s Lok Sabha campaign depended greatly on businesses for funding, no wonder every major Indian newspaper provided front page space to him during elections.
2) Modi’s political party – Bhartiya Janty Party (BJP) is part of the Rashtriya Swamsevak Sangh (RSS), which follows an extreme right-wing Hindu ideology. Aside from their fascist Hindutva only policy, RSS uses Nazi salutes and stages grand rallies with workers dressed just like Nazis. Hilter’s Mein Kampf is recommended to be read by members of the RSS. Just like Hiter wanted all Jews to be removed from Germany, Modi wants a Hindu only nation, this is evident from the fact that he blames the ills of the society on a certain section of society, mainly Muslims. One of Modi’s main supporters, Subramanian Swamy, has very extreme ideology regarding India and its citizens. The following two clips convey his message clearly:
3) Both rose on a platform of gross dis-satisfaction against the existing government. Their policies and speeches show more hate towards the opposition rather than a true desire to move forward.
4) In the BJP, one person is above than the party itself and its ideology. Similar to Hitler, Modi does not tolerate dissent within the BJP and his regime in India will likely favor a very authoritarian power structure.
5) His supporters target anyone, even members of other parties who have been given security by the Government are not spared. In 2002, India witnessed a statewide massacre of Muslims in Gujarat through hands of mobs. The massacres were similar to holocaust of the Jews and attacks on their business in Kristallnacht. Similar incidents were witnessed before the elections on a smaller scale. Do minorities in India need to get ready for a full scale Kristallnacht after Modi comes into power?
6) Both have a strong fanatical support base, ready to elevate their positions way beyond what they deserve. Similar to the “Hail Hilter” and similar slogans, fanatics have changed religious slogans in support of Modi. “Har Har Modi” was used as a battle-cry in support of Modi during elections.
7) Similar to Hilter, Modi promoted himself as a celibate. By hiding his wife, Modi declared himself a bachelor without a domestic life, dedicated entirely to his political mission.
8) He is a recluse just like Hitler. Modi doesn’t keep any contact with any of his family members neither did Hitler.
9) He has already declared himself as the Prime Minister (PM) just like Hitler was being called Führer before he had actually become one.
10) Both are extremely nationalist. Modi is probably the most hardline nationalist candidate in the election today. Both tout the perfection of their respective motherland (or fatherland in the case of Hitler) and the promise of a return to the “glorious past”.