The Punjab Police is perhaps one of the most corrupt and useless police forces in the world. A lot of Sikhs have personally experienced this corruption and been frustrated by it.
The Punjab Police are notorious not only for their corruption involving money, drugs and alcohol but also for taking the role of judges and executioners into their own hands by killing and locking away thousands of innocent citizens.
Readers of Sikh 24 will be no strangers to the atrocities carried out by the Punjab Police and those still being carried out to this day.
Recently a Punjab Police officer admitted to having killed 83 youth in Punjab during the militancy days. The atrocities committed by the Punjab Police are open knowledge yet the Government has not done anything about it.
We’ve come up with this list to provide a humorous look at how Punjab Police Officers make money:
1) Telling you that your Chachi’s son’s wife’s brother’s wife’s kid’s daughter’s son is in jail and he’ll need x amount of money to be let go otherwise he’ll face x amount of years in jail.
2) Forcing businesses to pay “protection” money from local Gangs (can you guess who the local gangs are? If you guessed Punjabi Police you’re right!)
3) Of course if the local gangs are the Punjab Police here’s another source of their income: looting and robbing business.
4) Smuggling drugs into prisons and general drug dealing.
5) Taking bribes from suspects in order to drop their charges.
6) Approaching innocent victims claiming to have a long list of charges that will put them away in prison for life, these charges can be dropped if the police are paid a decent amount of money.
7) Getting paid by citizens to add false charges to their enemies or people they don’t like.
8) Hire themselves out to the highest bidder to do whatever that person wants them to do, i.e be security for big name gangsters.
9) Stealing and then selling government issued weapons on the black market.
10) Of course the one we all know about. “Randomly” stopping people driving expensive cars and giving them trouble for no apparent reason.
The people in the car not wanting to waste time will give the Police a decent sum of money to be left alone.